||Mission, Policy and Accountability|
Okmulgee Memorial Hospital’s mission is to put our patients and customers first, to provide quality health care in an efficient manner.
Okmulgee Memorial Hospital provides a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services to the Okmulgee and surrounding communities. OMH services are provided in a collaborative and integrated fashion, and are designed to facilitate appropriate and effective intervention.
Department Directors/ Managers and patient care staff will be given the necessary responsibility, authority and accountability to assure optimal patient outcomes.
Department Directors/Managers are accountable for ensuring that:
- A comparable standard of care is provided to all patients.
- Care delivered will reflect the patient’s right to privacy, dignity, confidentiality and self-determination.
- A patient’s families and/or surrogate caregivers will be included in the patient’s treatment and discharge plans.
- A patient’s cultural, social, spiritual, psychological and physical status will be assessed when planning and providing care.
- Qualified staff will be provided in sufficient numbers to assure provision of safe and effective care.
- Standards of performance for all jobs will be utilized to ensure that competent practitioners deliver safe and effective care.
- Education and development of staff will be consistent with current standards of care and competency requirements, and the joint responsibility of the individual employee and the organization.
- Patient care will be continually improved through an integrated department/service based performance assessment and improvement program.