At OMH, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care and service to the community we serve. Our patient’s safety is also extremely important to us.
To ensure patient safety we ask all patients and visitors to:
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Not bring pets or animals on hospital premises or in the hospital. Only service animals are allowed.
- Use cell phones only in specified areas of the building. Cell phone aren’t allowed in patient rooms.
- Not bring alcohol or cigarettes on the hospital premises.
- Not bring illegal or recreational drugs on the premises.
- Not Smoke. OMH is a smoke-free facility; we recognize the hazards of smoking and enforce a “no smoking policy” throughout the institution. Patients, visitors, physicians, personnel and volunteers are asked to smoke only in designated areas on the hospital grounds. Smoking isn’t permitted inside the facility.
- Check medications before accepting them, especially if they look foreign to you.
- Remind caregivers to wash their hands before they care for you.
- Wash your hands and keep any wounds clean and dry.
- Learn how to, or make sure your primary caregiver learns how to, care for you after your discharged from the hospital.
- Not to solicit while on hospital premises, meaning patients and their families aren’t allowed to sale items in the hospital or on the hospital grounds.
NOTE: OMH is required by law to use child safety restraints on children and infants being discharged from the hospital.